The Garden To Table initiative was developed to:
- Incorporate gardening as a norm for science, collaboration, developmental milestones and food;
- Increase consumption of vegetables and fruits, to improve nutrition and health outcomes;
- Improve knowledge and excitement about agriculture, gardening, food, nutrition and the environment;
- Support economic development by increasing opportunities for local farmers, ranchers, food processors and food manufacturers to connect directly to students; and
- Encourage environmental stewardship.
 Ridberg, R. A., Bell, J. F., Merritt, K. E., Harris, D. M., Young, H. M., & Tancredi, D. J. (2019). Effect of a Fruit and Vegetable Prescription Program on Children’s Fruit and Vegetable Consumption. Preventing Chronic Disease, 16, E73. https://doi.org/10.5888/pcd16.180555