It has been a few months since the last COVID-19 update! We’ve recently received new guidance from the Oregon Department of Early Learning regarding restrictions and regulations. Effective Tuesday, June 1st, The following changes will be implemented: No more carpool line! We will welcome parents back into the facility with the following restrictions:
- Everyone over the age of 5 must wear a mask that covers the nose and mouth- no exceptions.
- No one may enter any classroom for drop-off or pickup; caregivers must wait outside of the classroom to be greeted by the teacher. The teacher will also bring the child to you for pickup.
- When dropping off or picking up your child outside, you may enter the exterior boundary of the play yard, but may not remove your mask, and may not come into contact with children other than your own.
- No more hand sanitizer at dropoff. Instead, all children must wash their hands upon arrival. To make this an easier process for staff (verifying sign-in/out, welcoming children, greeting parents, plus supervising the other children in care), we are requiring the parents to own responsibility for hand washing. All children must wash their hands with soap and water in the Piazza before entering the classrooms. There may be a line to wash, but such is the nature of the restrictions, so you may wish to plan accordingly. Please do not circumvent the system because you are in a hurry or ask the staff to wash your child’s hands. Infant and toddler hands will be washed by staff.
- Adults must certify to the health questions each day. Effective May 25th, this will be available at check-in on BrightWheel during dropoff. If you forget to certify to the health questions or check your child in, you will receive a phone call so that we may maintain compliance.
- 6 feet of social distancing must be maintained at all times when possible. Please keep your children with you as they walk down the hallways so they aren’t exposed to a maskless child from another classroom.
Now that we’ve listed all of the new restrictions, let’s discuss happy things! We are excited to have you back in! We hope with the changes to BrightWheel and the extra handwashing station, drop-off and pickup will remain pretty painless and effective. We know you are excited to see and talk to your child’s teacher as well, and so are we! Please keep in mind that your child’s teacher has a responsibility to the other children in the classroom and cannot hang out in the doorway with their backs turned in order to chat. As we continue with this new version of normal, we believe we will figure out a way to balance the lack of classroom entry with communication with parents, so your patience is appreciated as we figure out the logistics!